Saturday, December 17, 2011

Queen City vows better UFL showing

(This story by Cheska D. Geli came out on Sun.Star Cebu on Dec. 17) 
A BETTER and more prepared Queen City United FC will debut in the United Football League second division tournament after making the necessary adjustments.

After playing against experienced teams in the UFL first division, they recruited new players to fill the vacant positions and also doubled their efforts in the training sessions.

“I believe this time we will be better. The preparation of the team is okay and the expectations I have with the team now are better than the first team,” said head coach Mario Ceniza.

Among the new players joining the team are Mark Hilay, Neil Ryan Lirio and Bryan Eborda from San Carlos City, Charles Villarta, Jaymille Comnigo and Adlai Rivera from Cagayan, and university players Dan Villarico and Prince Hanesin Anthony.

“The inclusion of new players made a big impact especially in the backline. It’s more stable now,” said Ceniza

Last week, the players went through a fitness test. And as what Ceniza observed, the team is looking well.

“The team has already gelled. We are focusing on the tactical training and I can say that we are 80 percent in good condition,” said Ceniza.

Part of the team’s preparation is joining the men’s open of the 14th Aboitiz Cup. Currently, they are remain undefeated, winning their last three matches.

The team will be tested this Sunday as they face the defending champions Crazy Horse led by Joshua Fegidero of team Pachanga of the UFL.

Players will take a break on Dec. 23 but will resume on Dec. 27 as the UFL Second Division tournament is set to open on Jan. 14.

The team holds training from Monday to Friday, 6 to 8 a.m. on the Aboitiz Sports Field, but two weeks before the competition, they will conduct it twice a day.

No comments: