Christmas spoiler: Martinez, Hammam team up to question Fifa order?

Sorry to spoil our christmas folks, but this is something that needs our attention.

It seems deposed PFF president Mari Martinez will fight for his 90-day extension and has teamed up with AFC president Mohammed Bin Hammam in questioning the Fifa order affirming Nonong Araneta's election.

Columnist Ronnie Nathanielsz posted in his twitter account that Martinez will question the Fifa order in the Committee for Arbitration in Sports and Hammam will support him.

Martinez and Hammam wants Fifa to respect the status qou, and that is for Martinez to keep his post and
for the PFF to hold elections in 90 days.

I hope Ronnie got it wrong. But Hammam supporting Martinez is quite expected. Hammam being the guy who gave Martinez P10 million last year. Where it went, only Martinez knows.

You know what? I'm mighty sick of Martinez and Hammam and I think they are partners in crime. I also think
both are using the AFC Vision Asia Philippines project to enrich themselves.

Why? Well, even the new president, Nonong Araneta, acknowledge that the AFC has been sending money to the PFF for the Vision Asia project, which Cebu is the recepient. But the funds always stopped at the PFF.

Did the Cebu Football Association receive any of it?

Well, the fact that Richard Montayre, the CFA president, was one of the leaders of the oust-Martinez campaign should answer that question.

Is the Vision Asia Cebu project, a ghost project? You're familiar with that concept are you?

Could it be that the AFC was/is sending millions of dollars to the PFF for the supposed Vision Asia project in Cebu and the PFF and AFC president are splitting the windfall?

I don't know.

But I suspect it's possible.

And darn, those two are using Philippine football--and Cebu football in particular--for their own goals.

Do you know when I started to suspect that? It was after the Cebu Football Association encountered problems regarding the Vision Asia project that I checked the AFC website for its Vision Asia page.

Guess what? There are links for the Vision Asia projects in Bangladesh, China, Indina, Iran, Thailand and Vietnam.

But nothing for the Philippines and Cebu.

If you doubt me, check the AFC's website here.

As to Martinez taking his ouster to CAS, well, I hope, by doing so, all the things he did in the three years he was president, gets exposed.

By the way, you may question the logic on why Martinez is insisting on the 90-day extension when, in the next elections, he is sure to be ousted. I thought, at first, by getting a 90-day extension, he could work his magic and buy a few votes. But after all that has happened, any PFF BOG or PFF Congress member who votes for Martinez will be lynched.

So why fight for the 90 days?

A Cebu football official told me that the next release of the Fifa aid, $250,000, will be released in the first quarter of next year. Fifa might hold that pending the dispute. But that's not the only money the PFF receives, regularly.

And one other thing, I got to see the PFF budget when I sneaked in to a meeting years ago, and I know the PFF receives millions of pesos as aid from the AFC. Connect the dots if you will.

Again, sorry to spoil your Christmas.

Dan Palami and the Azkals are working hard for Philippine football. Martinez is working doubly hard for Martinez.

Comments

graeme said…
So it looks like I might be playing the WILL I or WONT I game again. I played my first game of WI or WI when I reserved my tickets from Sydney to Cebu in anticipation of watching the first leg of the semi final at Pana-ad against INDONESIA. For two days I was calling the travel agent certain in the uncertainty of my going. After 48 hours I gave up and rightfully so.
Now again. I have scanned the schedules and the prices and am just about ready to put down the money for the ticket. BOOOOOOOOOOOM! ! Overnight as we were excitedly getting ready for Xmas celebrations I saw the tweet from Ronnie Nathanielsz. The egos and hidden agendas of a few are drawing the Philippines into a power struggle between Blatter and Hammam in which definitely Philippine Football will NOT be a winner. But ASIAN football could be a winner. Surely MariMar's name is a poisoned chalice. With Hamman siding with MariMar it might just be the last straw of other AFC member nations to tip the scales in favor of a younger and more credible AFC president when the time comes for an election. But in the meantime the dark clouds of uncertainty are hovering on the horizon and damaging the refreshed and revitalized image of Philippine football.
To MariMar you are the grinch from hell ruining our Xmas celebrations and stalling the future of Philippine football. FIFA has the FAIR PLAY edict which you as a PFF president were obliged to uphold. What a shame that you cannot UPHOLD IT IN YOUR PERSONAL LIFE. You have been given the RED CARD so leave the field and don't cause any further troubles.
To everyone else MERRY XMAS and MAY THE SPIRIT OF THE AZKALS BE WITH YOU NOW AND INTO THE FUTURE.

Popular posts from this blog

The failed U23 experiment

Mother Nature plays spoilsport

A Pinoy played for Real Madrid? (updated)