Friday, September 08, 2006

Last batch





18 comments:

MikeH said...

Can you tell me who is playing? And why doesnt one of the goals have a net??

mike said...

team with white and green jerseys is springdale u17.
all the goals didnt have any net during the first day of mizuno. hehehe

ronaldo said...

basing on complaints i heard, there were a lot of disputed goals because of the lack of nets. i saw for myself 3 goals that should have been disallowed because it came from the side and 1 goal that should have counted but the ref claimed it was outside.

mike said...

From what i've heard, they had a meeting before the first game was ever played and all the coaches agreed that they would accept the referees call in the goal, knowing that the referees, without the net, can not be 100 percent sure on the goal-decision.

bai ronaldo, did you see bingbing colina's goal from the sideline against Silliman, that was a beauty

ronaldo said...

heck, i wasn't watching bingbing at that particular moment. to bad CIS didn't advance. i was expecting fegidero to play with them but i later remembered he has a 1 year ban due to the thirsty incident.

i also remembered being told about the nets. that's why during the shootouts on saturday, refs were positioned at the side and back of the goal. anyway, i do hope we can have a policy to standardize our festivals. much like a handbook to be given out to organizers detailing what are the minimum standards that needs to be followed. perhaps, there can be several format options and tiebreaker options. sadly, every organizer have their own rules and formats. it may vary a bit with others but sometimes the differences confuses the participants. during the mizuno, some people and even refs refered to aboitiz and thirsty rules. with a "festival policy", i'm sure we can iron out the small kinks that often pop out.

i propose that CebuFA make organizers agree to comply with the minimum standards set by them, before they sanction the event. if the organizers fail to comply, the CebuFA can refuse to sanction their next footballing event. and not just the sponsor - also the individuals comprising the organizing comittee, who must be identified when the request for sanction is made.

i also think that a bond should be raised by the organizers as an assurance that they will comply with CebuFA standards. say for example 10,000.00 pesos for festivals exceeding 50 teams. if the organizers comply with the standards, they can get back their money - after they have submitted a tournament report. that way, any suspected or alleged violations made by teams and individuals has to be reported before the bond will be given back. that way, CebuFA, basing on a formal report, can act on the violations and mete out the appropriate sanctions.

the same "festival policy" concept should apply to tournaments requiring CebuFA sanction, but perhaps with a bigger bond. the intent is to make it costly for organizers to take FIFA, PFF and CebuFA rules lightly.

milo olympics later. will be at CCSC. maybe i can catch PARENT TRAP 3. hehehehe

roberto said...

bai ronaldo- another good idea here. I hope cebufa reads and positively considrsthis.

cebufa has asked all aboitiz festival (sept 23-24) players to fill up a Player Registration Form which will most likely be inputted into their permanent data base. This is a good start. The form contains only basic information though about the players. I wish they could have asked for more data on the form like player position, at what age they started playing, etc. etc. and then on their data base, have a provision for regular updating and player history. This info will also be useful to coaches who are scouting for players among other uses. Nevertheless its good they now realize this need and did something about it.

mike said...

CebuFa is planning that in future festivals, they will handle all technical aspects (actually, last year pa man guro ni nako nadungan nga plan) so basically, there should be uniformity if that happens

MikeH said...

roberto, is it really necessary to mention when they started to play football? I mean, if coaches wants to recruit new players, they would still have to check out how good the players are regardless of when they started playing football.

ronaldo said...

Maximo and CebuFA has this habit of announcing plans but coming up short to fulfilling them. why do it just now when they should have done it three years ago when they started their term. many are still waiting for the coaching seminar they announced several months back that was supposed to be held last july. and how about that CebuFA field in the Mandaue Reclamation Area. they even had a groundbreaking ceremony then. anyway, hope their intent to standardize festivals will push thru.

bai roberto, the players registration form will be unreliable without an attached NSO birth certificate. the frustrating thing about submitting an NSO birth certificate now as part of the registration form is that we have been submitting several copies for the past years already. getting an NSO copy means that you have to leave your job for at least a day or pay a fixer. that may not be a problem for the moneyed group they represent but how about those who have to scrap and scratch for a living. the question now is - what did maximo do with the previous NSO birth certificates that were submitted ?

roberto said...

there is a birth cert but not necessarily nso. AND yes where are all the nso birth certs we have been submitting years ago?

ronaldo said...

the birth certificates MUST be NSO. that way the authenticity of the document is confirmed. plus one very important procedure - during the first few games, a CebuFA official should take an ID picture of the players and have the coach confirm that this is the player holding this particular birth certificate.

such a procedure will make sure that there will be no switching of birth certificates like what happened in the Palaro. this is a time consuming procedure but is probably the most effective.

every sanctioned tournament or festival, if the CebuFA notices a new name in a team lineup, that player should be required to submit his or her birth certificate so that he/she will be included in the data base.

for the senior, ladies and mens divisions any official ID may do.

defoe said...

daug ang springdale sa milo karn adlawa against blessed john. very nice game!!!!! blessed john was dominating first half with 2 goals then second half springdale made 2 goals and the last goal was at least 2 minutes before the time and it lead to the shootout which springdale won 2-0

DamnedNation said...

Time for a change!

roberto said...

Sacred Heart Jesuit defeats Bright Academy 6-0 in the high school division of the Milo Olympics. Congratulations to SHJ. The winner of the Paref-DBC match on Saturday will play Sacred Heart Jesuit for the title

ronaldo said...

how about the elementary teams. how did DBC, Paref-Springdale, Sacred Heart and City Central perform in the first true tournament of the season ?

roberto said...

the Milo is 7-a-side and 20 minute halfs with regular sized goals. for elementary (1994), you may call it true tournament but with the same rules and conditions for high school, you can hardly call it that.
Anyway, Pepito's (I dont know what school they are since this is supposed to be school-based and I dont know why they are in) is going to the finals. Paref (who lost to Pepito's 3-1) is gunning for 3rd next Sunday. Their respective opponents are still playing as of my presstime.

roberto said...

ronaldo, I PMd you in Philfootball. Did you receive it?

ronaldo said...

bai roberto, just replied and sent you a list. hope it helps.

darn, Milo Little Olympics is seven a side. keep confusing it with the City Olympics. anyway, DBC defeated Sacred Heart 10-1 so i'm guessing it will be City Central/Pepito vs DBC for the finals next week.