PFF and Edward Magalona

Folks, the fax machine at the office churned out some interesting facts regarding Philippine football today.

This one is about Edward Magalona and how the PFF implements its policies.

Mr Magalona and I have quite a history. During the Laguna Cup, a few years back (I was going to write the year, but I kind of forgotten it), a bunch of Cebu referees did not receive any of the P30,000 plus, (I was going to put the exact amount...you get the drift) that was due them for officiating in the cup.

So they asked for my help. Hence, from December till six months after, I called Magalona for follow ups, updates and such.

Up to this day, the Cebu referees never received any moment. I've always had a soft heart for referees (Let's just say I liked to "talk" to referees a lot when I was playing), that's why I tried my best to help them.

Now here's an ugly precedent, what if, the suspended players in Cebu, decide, for the heck of it, to play in a tournament, while they are still serving their suspension?

And if they are barred, they could just say, we are using the Magalona precedent.

Here's the document.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The failed U23 experiment

Mother Nature plays spoilsport

A Pinoy played for Real Madrid? (updated)