I'm a year older

As of an hour or so ago, I am now, 27 years old.

Last year, I witnessed the Seag and played one 15-minute of football.

Two years ago, I joined and backed out after the first game, a tournament in Don Bosco. My belated apologies to the organizers.

Three years ago, I was drunk for half the year. I was carrying placards in front of the police regional camp and got a rather lovely letter from my school's students affair office.

Four years ago, I got back in college.

Five years ago, I dropped out of college, and tried to find the answer to the question -- is there life after death -- prematurely.

Six years ago, I got back in journalism.

Seven years ago, I was in the height of activism, until someone I know, got bullet holes.

Eight years ago, a certain white crystaline substance was my constant companion. I got kicked out of Engineering.

Nine years ago, I got into media.

Ten years ago, I arrived in Cebu. Got on the dean's list for the college of Engineering.

Eleven years ago, I played my last DECS sanctioned meet, losing, 0-1, and getting the yellow card in the first game against a twice-to-beat-opponent.

Twelve years ago, I scored two goals in the second half, and got fouled for the winning penalty, trailaing 0-2, against ND Cotabato in the All Cotabato Coke Go For Goal finals.

Thirteen years ago, I watched from the bench, as our team -- touted as the first Mindanao team who could win the Coke national crown -- lost 0-1 from our next door neighboors,

Fourteen years ago, I played baseball.

Fifteen years ago -- I can't remember.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birtday Mike!
Anonymous said…
I meant birthday. Sorry about that.
Anonymous said…
Gratulerer med dagen Mike !
Anonymous said…
when nothing ever happens to you, that's the time you should worry whether or not you have a life worth living.

Happy Birthday Mike.
Anonymous said…
matsalams mga pipol
Anonymous said…
Happy birhtday Mike! By the way, I saw the U14 team practice at Ateneo this morning. They looked impressive, but then again, they're grouped with Indonesia and Malaysia.

Popular posts from this blog

The failed U23 experiment

Mother Nature plays spoilsport

A Pinoy played for Real Madrid? (updated)