Complaint

I was informed by our managing editor for news that somebody called to complain about my football stories. The person said, he wished that _____ gets the same level of coverage as ______ and that the kids were disappointed.

Come on guys, give me a break. I've been giving equal space to all teams out there. (I never got to talk to the guy. So for those who have complains, call me, heck, i've posted my number here lot's of times, again its 09274400368)

My first reaction, when I was informed of the call, was that person must have not read our paper in months. But, I may be wrong, I may be seeing things in a different perspective.

So, am I?

I also thought, it may have something to do with the pictures that gets published in the paper. Yes, I think one school gets the lions share of the pictures, but it's not my fault.

During tournaments, the protocol in the newsroom is, the day before you sked the photo assignment. And i always write, Red Ribbon tournament at San Roque: 1 to 5 p.m., I never say what game to take photos of. Except during the finals, like: CIS cup, 8 to 5 p.m., finals starts at 3 p.m.

As to contributed fotos, heck, I've been telling everybody with a camera to send me a picture, and so far, only one school sends me one.

So give me a break, will you?

Comments

Anonymous said…
don't think much about it. your coverage deserves no complaints. i share your opinion with regards photos but i know that the printing of these photos is not your call. from 1991 to 1998, i have had 26 articles printed in a mid-paper section of your paper and i am familiar with the decisions editors must make.

i think the complainant isn't a regular reader. i understand the restrictions and protocol inside the newsroom. i should know - as of last count, i have three cousins working for your paper and two at CDN and i've been explained how stories get printed. heck, i'm even married to a masscom grad.

don't let it get to you.
Anonymous said…
shucks, too much personal information there.
Anonymous said…
mike,your football coverage is unbiased.Used to buy CDN before but now SS because of your reporting so more power. Just one thing I noticed-why have SunStar been using old photos of Paref(taken from the last Aboitiz U15 tourney) for the new stories in the present Red Ribbon?
Anonymous said…
Everybody owns a camera nowadays. Contribute photos instead of complaining. Promotes the sport more effectively
Anonymous said…
Dont be bothered about it. Its just the handywork of people who are publicity concious.
Anonymous said…
Yep. We should have more contributors for pictures.
Anonymous said…
mass com grads are nice people.......hehehe.

we are using old photos because our photogs dont show up for the red ribbon games. Yap, you can contribute, just send your photos to my email. Thanks for your words, darn, was a bit tipsy when i posted this entry last night.

hehehehe.
Anonymous said…
Kahibalo ko kinsa nang mireklamo. Mao gihapon nang grupoha pareho atong una. Palapos lang na pikas dunggan.
Anonymous said…
manglimpyo sa ko dunggan..........para smooth flow...........hehehe

Popular posts from this blog

The failed U23 experiment

Mother Nature plays spoilsport

A Pinoy played for Real Madrid? (updated)