CebuFA to meet Hiroshi, Crazy Horse

THE CEBU Football Association Disciplinary Committee is set to meet with Hiroshi and Crazy Horse officials regarding their recent sanctions after the two teams got into a brawl in the Thirsty Cup Men's Open semifinal round last Jan. 8.

"I expect they will also bring their appeal with them," CebuFA president Jonathan Maximo said, "I will just let Mark Bretherton (Disciplinary Committee chairman) preside over the meeting."

In their decision last week, the CebuFA said "team officials, manager, coach and captain from both clubs are to be summoned to a meeting with the CebuFA shortly. The CebuFA is to appeal to both teams for a better level of sportsmanship and goodwill during all future football tournaments. Both teams will be expected to sign an agreement that states future repetition of "free for all" situations by any team will result in a lifetime ban for the club concerned and the players involved."

On the other hand, Hiroshi FC head coach Eddie Buot and team owner Harou Iwanaga are expected to appeal the board decision, barring them from the Philippine Football Federation regional eliminations set Jan 27-29 in Dumaguete City.

Aside from suspension on their six players, Hiroshi also got barred from playing in the regional finals, a decision Buot calls as "overkill."

"This (board meeting) is a good development," Buot said, "basi pareha napud ni sa una nga last minute ma-iron out."

Last year, after Hiroshi got into a brawl with Exas in the final of the Aboitiz League final, they also had a meeting with the CebuFA the night before they were set to leave for the regional finals.

Meanwhile, Hiroshi goalkeeper, Frederick Alazas, who was on a wheel chair nursing an injury at the time of the brawl, lamented the CebuFA's failure to hand them a copy of their suspension.

"We need the papers so we could act on our appeal," said Alazas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The GTZ questions; the CebuFA program

LTO Mandaue is fixers' paradise