The morning after

The last time I played a full game of football, FVR was still drumbeating about his Philippines 2000 program.

Not a few years, barrels of beer, truck loads of cigarettes later, I donned my oft ignored football spikes I bought last December, last Sunday.

Last time I played, I remember having the usual "cycle," You start playing, and gradually pace yourself for the long run ahead, and about in the middle of the second half, your feet feels a little bit hot, then, you feel a sharp pain in your side, and you mouth dries up a little.

Last Sunday, Aug 14, I cycled up in the first two minutes of the game.

It used to be, at the middle of the match, I could still shout but yesterday, I couldnt. I just clapped to get the team's attention for a pass.

Boy, I guess, for once the government is right, Cigarette smoking is really bad for your health.

The newsroom in our office is on the second floor, third if you count the mezannine, I guess, I'll have to come up with an excuse to be absent tomorrow.

I feel so dog tired I can't wait till the next game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The failed U23 experiment

Mother Nature plays spoilsport

A Pinoy played for Real Madrid? (updated)