Hiroshi one day fiesta

HIROSHI team owner Harou Iwanaga extends his umbrella of blessing to the Under-12 kids with the Hiroshi Football Festival on May 22 at the Cebu City Sports Center.

“I noticed that they practice regularly but when I asked them if they have a tournament, they said no,” Iwanaga said during a meeting with the media early this week.

“I really want to give opportunities to more players and I am thinking of a long-term project for kids. If we can’t get them into sports, they’d do other things, maybe drugs,” Iwanaga said.

Iwanaga has been supporting the Hiroshi Football Club, composed mostly of players from Brgy. Sambag I, and also has softball, volleyball, and baseball teams.

“We will give certificates and trophies to the participants of the Hiroshi Football Festival, but no money because we don’t want them to have that kind of attitude,” Hiroshi coach Francis Ramirez said.

Iwanaga is hopeful that the one-day football fiesta would be a success and looks forward to holding more tournaments for the kids.

“With the help of the Cebu Football Association (CebuFA), I hope we can organize more of this,” he said.

But Iwanaga’s plan for Cebu football doesn’t end there.

The transplanted Japanese, who grew up in the US, wants to build a football school and encourage other sponsors to put up their teams.

“I want them to do what I’ve been doing with Hiroshi. Look at Japan, they started the J League only 11 years ago, now it’s very successful. I see no improvement in football in Cebu,” he said. “I dream that someday, Philippine football will also grow. I want to return the blessings that I’ve received to this country.”

Iwanaga also plans to send five players every three months to train in Japan.

Aside from that, Iwanaga is also looking for a baseball field.

“Just a small field, maybe 8,400 square meters. I have been scouring the classified ads.

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOULD be NICE IF THE KIDS GET A GOOD INSPIRATION OF THE DAY..

Mr. IWANAGA is a VISIONAER

Popular posts from this blog

The failed U23 experiment

Mother Nature plays spoilsport

A Pinoy played for Real Madrid? (updated)