Haru explains

“I wanted them to try out for the national team,”

Hiroshi team owner Harou Iwanaga clarified the issue which ran in this paper last Sunday, regarding his players non participation in the two day trials for the RP training pool conducted by national coach Aries Caslib last week.

“Aries came to us on Wednesday, and I asked my players who wanted to try out for the team, and nobody said yes,” Iwanaga said during a press briefing at his office with coach Francis Ramirez.

“The next day, we were surprised because we lacked seven players, two were absent and five joined the tryouts,” Ramirez said.

It was at that point that Iwanaga got mad, because the players didn’t inform him, the coach nor the team captain of their intention of joining the tryouts that was held April 28 and 29.

“So that night, I named them one by one, all nine of them, and told them to attend the trials, but that afternoon, they said they weren’t able to wake up in time,” Iwanaga explained.

“We really wanted them to join, we told them that this is their chance, and besides Aries personally paid us a visit during our practice, malain nya ta,” Ramirez explained.

“When I read about something bad against the team, it really hurts me,” Iwanaga said. “I didn’t put up the team to earn money, I did this because I want to help,”

Meanwhile, aside from their practices, Iwanaga is also trying to improve the attitude of the players.

“I tell them you are nothing yet, if you have won maybe in Bacolod or in Dumaguete, then you done a little, don’t think big of yourself, because you have accomplished nothing yet,” Iwanaga said.

This year, Hiroshi won both the Aboitiz Men’s Open and Champion’s League aside from the Shangrila Futsal and Thirsty Cup.

“I have also given them curfews and those who violate it will be grounded for a week,” he said. “I want to help them, that’s why I am strict with them and I scold them, that’s just too help them and it’s up to them to change their attitude.”

Next week, Hiroshi is set to join the 1st Cebu Inter Club National Invitational Tournament at the University of San Carlos Technological Center.

“I told them do not underestimate any team that will join,” Iwanaga said

Comments

Anonymous said…
IT IS GOOD THAT HE EXPLAINED THE SITUATION and hope IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN..

THE PLAYERS HAVE TO TAKE CARE ABOUT THE IMAGE OF CEBU-FOOTBALL!

Popular posts from this blog

The failed U23 experiment

Mother Nature plays spoilsport

A Pinoy played for Real Madrid? (updated)